Thanks to a revolutionary combination of for his time shocking violence and socio-political themes, George Romero’s 1968 classic, The Night of the Living Dead, quickly became an extremely influential filmmaker worldwide, and few have been able to match his power, as in Jorge Grau’s The Living Dead in the Manchester Morgue. By combining a strong environmental awareness with an unforgettable horror environment, Grey has taken his place as a horror classic, and now Synapse Films has returned it to its terrifying beauty in the exclusive Steelbook reissue.
A strange twist of fate leads two young travellers, George (Ray Lawlock, Cassandra’s passage) and Edna (Christine Galbo, the house that screamed), to a small town where an experimental agricultural machine could bring back the dead! As zombies populate the area and attack the living, a bull shaped detective (Arthur Kennedy, Oscarnominee, Peyton Place) believes that the two Satanists are responsible for the local murders. George and Edna have to fight for their lives and prove their innocence as they try to stop the coming zombie apocalypse!
The Living Dead in the Manchester Morgue (also known as Leave Sleeping Corpses lying around and not opening a window) is a bloody horror story by Spanish director Jorge Grau, who is rightly considered one of the best zombie films of all time. Beautifully restored in 4K from the original negative camera, Synapse Films presents the film for the first time in Blu-ray with real English cinematographic ergonomics and a real opening and closing credit.
- Characteristics of the undead in the morgue in Manchester:
- New exclusive 4K restoration of the original 35mm camera negative
- New English 5.1 stereo surround sound remix exclusive for Synapse Films release
- Two audio commentaries with writers and filmmakers Troy Howart, Nathaniel Thompson and Bruce Holetchek.
- Restoration of the original English theatre autonomy.
- Jorge Grau – King of Worship of Catalonia (89 min.) – This long documentary explores the life and films of director Jorge Grau (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE).
- Crime scene – Giannetto De Rossi talking from Manchester (16 min.) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
- Giannetto De Rossi – Questions and answers Fantastic Film Festival, UK (43 min.) (BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE)
- Theatrical trailers, television and radio programmes
- Removable SDH subtitles recently translated into English
- Booklet with pictures of the lining, with the work of the Spanish cameraman Dr. Nicholas Schlegel.
- Exclusive soundtrack on CD with the original score by Giuliano Sorgini
- Exclusive artwork Steelbook™ by Wes Benscoter
- Poster of Wes Benscoter’s work, Iron Book
The Blu-ray Steelbook™ Collection Edition 6000 The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue Limited is available exclusively from Synapse Films at www.synapse-films.com. The sale price is $49.95 ($43.95 plus $6.00 for packing/handling) with a street date of 1. September 2020. Delivery to customers starts that day or as soon as the release is received on Synapse Films. If published before the date of publication 1. If they arrive in September, they will be sent to the customers sooner.
All North American orders were filled and shipped by our distributor in San Francisco, CAV Distribution. If you have any questions regarding the delivery of your order in North America, please contact CAV Distribution at the following e-mail address All international orders are processed by DiabolikDVD employees.
The release of the living dead at the Manchester morgue is free for the region.
Fault! The file name is not specified. Wrong! The file name is not specified. Wrong! The file name is not specified. Wrong! The file name is not specified. Wrong! The file name is not specified.
Heavy metal horror film head. The guy with the newly beaten pinball machine.